Friday, February 4, 2011

My Favorite Blog

After exploring through a variety of different blogs, there were a few that caught my eye but not too many that captivated me; making me want to continue reading until I ran across http://azurecow.wordpress.com/. This is a blog written by an Irish Journalism Major, the blog itself is called 'and ever onward to prudery', the unique designing of the blog itself is what immediately pulled me in. The graphics and photographs chosen to outline and give further meaning to the blog posts seem to be the perfect choices, simple yet complex, holding a story of their own. Reading each blog, there seems to be a trend of a story intertwined with a more political stance; after continued reading you are able to find hints of social issues scattered throughout the piece. Aside from the typical opinionated writing we often find in blogs, this particular site posts music, unique music that is different from the mainstream commercialized songs we hear on the radio nowadays. I must also mention that this blog interests me because it's based off the ideas of someone in Ireland, the blog focus' on Irish social issues and music; something that we don't often see. I myself enjoy learning about other cultures, and this blog is one way that I can touch upon the happenings of a different country; reading from the point of view of an opinionated nineteen year old student like myself. Overall, this blog is worthy of being bookmarked on my safari window; it's a breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment