Thursday, February 3, 2011

My favorite blog

My favorite blog is the Online Journalism Lab http://onlinejlab.wordpress.com/ because it talks about the presence of online journalism. I am interested in a future of broadcast journalism, but the presence of the web is always important to focus on and I obtained a lot of information when I visited this site. It gave me a chance to look into another aspect of media. Also, the blog talks about how other universities are using online journalism to move forward with their students and staff, Whitworth University being one of these institutions. I particularly enjoy reading about other school’s thoughts on online media because it gives a sense of national interest to how we can obtain our information these days while focusing on the media online and the importance of the Internet. This site gives its viewers examples to how you can grade someone’s Twitter tweets, making a YouTube account, and even stressing how important it is to have a Facebook account in this age. The most fascinating thing that I found on the blog was one of its articles, the same that stressed having a Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook account. It was saying “Google is introducing a feature that allows you to create a profile to show up in searches for your name”. This was just one of the many useful things I found in the blog, and for this, I decided it was my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment