Friday, February 4, 2011

My Favorite Blog

My favorite journalism blog that I have discovered is http://moorparkmedia.blogspot.com/.  I read through a couple of their stories and they had a nice writing style.  I also thought it was a good idea to include pictures and videos for posts to show people other media of delivery.  I also found it intriguing that this is a blog put on by students, much like our own.  With blog posts dating back to 2007, it also shows that this site has some longevity to it, giving it a sense of credibility, allowing me to trust it more.  But one of the things that caught my eye on this blog that differed from other blogs is the fact that they have a bunch of tabs on the side that can be used to help journalists.  Links that help people with spelling, grammar and editing all show to be great helps and give me the urge to come to this blog when writing a story.  They also have links to other new related sites, such as the New York Times website and the Wall Street Journal.  I was happy to know that not only their perspective on news was being covered, but they showed links to a variety of other sites.  All-in-all this blog was great, giving a mix of news and links, to not only ensure that its viewers would be able to see the news, but also be able to write their own news stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment