Monday, May 2, 2011

What I learned in this class..

I learned an inexplicable amount in this class, predominantly how to write a good news article for all different mediums of the media, whether that is print, online, public relations, etc. I feel as though I have become somewhat of a professional at the inverted pyramid type of writing and am able to focus in on the most pertinent of details when writing an article. I am now able to understand which information is more important, that should be included in a lede and which information can be used further in the article. I’m really pleased with how I have developed as a writer through this course. As a creative writing and communications double major, I was already successful in creative writing and have enough practice with it through my personal blog, but now I can write for the medias, which has given me more confidence and has broadened my writing horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment