Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Most Important Write

Ever since I was a child learning about the Constitutional Amendments, I knew the first one, more so than any other, would be important to my life. Being much older now, I fully understand, especially wanting to be a journalist. The First Amendment secures my right to freedom of speech and press, two of the most important things a journalist needs. Without either if these freedoms, journalism simply could not exist. Think about a world of journalism where a journalist could only report the news if it was what government officials wanted them to say. I think that is just absurd. I couldn’t possibly think about living in a society where I wasn’t allowed to have the freedom to say what I wanted to say or publish what I wanted to publish. These ideals will always keep the First Amendment near and dear to my heart and I will always protect those rights for everyone under any given circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment